Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Happy New Year (Several Weeks Late)
Happy New Year! (a few weeks late!!) I realized that this post has been sitting as a draft for the last 3 weeks. Whoops!
It is hard to believe that another year has past. And what a year it has been. We sold a house, bought a house, started to remodel a house, hosted a couple of parties including the big family Christmas Eve party, tore up a bathroom, repainted several pieces of furniture and painted a bunch of rooms. Wow! With all that, I can only imagine what the next 12 months (OK, next 11 months and 1 week) will bring.
So in the time honored tradition of making resolutions, I thought I would share some of ours.
For the Home
1. Institute the "15 Minute Rule" before bed each evening. This means spending 15 minutes cleaning up the messes of the day so the next day starts out without that "man, the house is a wreck" feeling.
2. No beginning a new home project without completing one unfinished project.
3. No bringing in a new piece of furniture to be refinished without finishing a piece currently waiting to be redone.
4. Never let the "To Be Filed" pile get above the top of it's bin.
5. Get new food storage containers so we can get rid of the dreaded box of random lids and bottoms.
6. Organize craft supplies.
7. Sort through last boxes from our August 2009 move in the basement.
8. Make regular donations to charity to reduce amount of stuff in the house.
For the Body
1. Exercise 30 minutes a day at least 3 days a week.
2. Try one new healthy recipe each week.
3. Restart WW with a goal of losing 50 lbs. (This one is mine, not Hubs')
For the Blogs
1. Post to each blog at least twice a week.
2. Create an ongoing "series" for each blog that posts monthly.
Here's hoping that at least some of them will last through the end of February.