Have you ever realized that you bought materials for a project but then never actually did what you were planning?
That is what happened with this project.
I had intended to create some magnets to coordinate with the DIY Hand Stamped Coasters I had made earlier on in my blogging. Instead, the materials went onto the shelf and waited< and waited and waited< for me to find them again when I was organizing for my craft space.
Just like the coasters, these are a quick and easy addition to any kitchen, gift basket or hostess gift.
- Sheet of 2 x 2 inch porcelain tiles (36 total tiles)
- StazOn Stamping Ink (this is a permanent stamping ink available at many scrapbooking stores or where scrapbook supplies are sold)
- All Purpose Adhesive Glue (I used Aleen's 7800 adhesive)
- Magnets (I use 2-1/2 inch magnets per tile)
- Rubbing alcohol (to remove the ink in case the stamped images get smudged)
1. Remove tiles from backing. You may need to soak them in water overnight and scrub the backs a bit to loosen the glue.
2. Let tiles completely air dry.
3. Place dry tile in center of your work area.
4. Select your stamp color.
5. Select your stamp.
6. Ink entire image, taking care to wipe off any excess that may have gotten on the edges of the stamp.
7. Line up stamp and press stamp with steady pressure onto tile, making sure to not "jiggle" the image. (If you make a mistake at this point, you can use the rubbing alcohol on a paper towel to remove the ink).
8. Fill in any spaces in the image on the tile with permanent marker of the same color. (I bought a package of sharpies that had all different colors)
|Isn't the owl so stinkin' cute?|
10. Let cool completely.
11. Apply magnets to back of tile with adhesive (I used 2 magnets per 2x2 tile). Let dry overnight.
12. Place magnets into an organza bag for gift giving.