D came up with the recipe for this salad after one of the "nice sample ladies" at Costso got to him and he came home with a big tub of marinated fresh mozzarella balls. We had some peppers from the garden and cukes from the farmers market in the fridge. With that a salad was born!
I think my 2nd favorite thing about this salad is how the balsamic vinegar gives just a hint of bite to the smoothness of the cheese and the sweetness of the peppers. My 1st favorite thing is how I can make this the day or night before so I am not rushing around trying to get something together 30 minutes before we are to head out.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do.
Marinated fresh mozzarella, cucumber and pepper salad
(Source: Depths of D's Brain)
- 2 red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 yellow pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 orange pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cucumber, quartered and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large container of marinated fresh mozzarella balls (we use a 22 oz container of Mozzarella Fresca brand from Costco)
- 1/4 C olive oil (this amount may increase or decrease depending on how much oil is in your container of mozzarella balls)
- 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Italian Herb Blend
- 1 T garlic powder
- Place peppers and cucumbers in a large ceramic bowl.
- Drain oil from marinated mozzarella into the bowl
- Cut mozzarella balls in half (this gives a better mozz to veggie ratio)
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs in a small bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour over fresh mozzarella, peppers and cucumbers.
- Stir to coat everything completely
- For best flavor, place in fridge and allow flavors to meld for an hour or more.
Check out the places I party.